Dear Robbinsdale Area Schools (Rdale) families,
Due to the winter storm and blizzard expected to impact the area over the next few days, all Rdale schools will shift to e-learning Wednesday, Feb. 22, through Friday, Feb. 24, 2023.
In addition, there will be impacts on programs and activities due to the storm:
- Adventure Club and The Basement before- and after-school childcare are canceled.
- After-school activities and sporting events are canceled for Wednesday and Thursday. Activities and sporting events scheduled for Friday will continue as planned unless otherwise communicated.
- Early Learning programming, including all preschool, as well as Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) and two-day Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classes will shift to e-learning. Early Adventures, and all evening and one-day ECFE classes are canceled.
- Adult Academic Programming will shift to e-learning. In-person Community Education programming and facility rentals are canceled.
E-learning details and reminders:
- All students will bring their devices home from school today (Tuesday, Feb. 21) to have them available for e-learning.
- E-learning days are asynchronous, which means students will log in to their devices from home to complete lessons and assignments.
- Families should expect follow-up communication from schools and/or teachers related to specific e-learning plans, lessons and expectations.
- Students and families should use this Google Form for technology support.
The safety of our students and staff is important to us. Over the past few days, we’ve been monitoring the winter storm in partnership with our bus provider, Durham Transportation, as well as our seven cities and the National Weather Service.
The storm will begin later today, and by the time it’s over on Thursday, 17 to 23 inches of snow are expected to fall, which is an historic amount of snow for one storm. There will still be significant challenges. It’s likely it will take a couple of days for plowing and snow removal to occur, and we’re not confident roads will be clear enough on Friday for buses to transport students safely or in a timely manner, which is why we’re extending e-learning through the end of the week.
Thank you for your understanding, and for supporting the students and staff of Robbinsdale Area Schools.
Robbinsdale Area Schools